BECU is the fourth largest credit union in the United States, with over $12 billion in assets and over 850,000 members. In 1935, 18 Boeing employees established it as Fellowship Credit Union to service employees and it was named Boeing Employees’ Credit Union for a long time. BECU is based in Tukwila, Washington, today.
Membership to BEU is open to anyone affiliated with the state of Washington through residency, employment, school enrollment or business ownership. Past or current employees of The Boeing Company, BECU and the Museum of Flight are also eligible to join.
BECU allows borrowers to finance new or used cars and trucks, as well as refinance an existing car loan for potentially lower rates. BECU members can apply for auto financing within Online Banking. Non-members can apply to join the credit union online in a few steps and apply for a new loan at the same time. Members and non-members can visit one of 45 neighborhood branches throughout the Puget Sound area to join and apply for an auto loan.
BECU’s handy online Vehicle Loan Comparison tool allows potential borrowers to try out different scenarios in order to settle upon the vehicle and financing they need.
How Can A BECU Auto Loan Work For Me?
Borrowers can qualify for new car rates on cars and trucks up to two years old. If you qualify for refinancing, BECU will try to beat your current rates and help you save hundreds of dollars every year. Receive a .15% rate reduction for loan amounts more than $30,000. Most loan terms are 60 months and the lowest rates apply for loans less than 48 months.
Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change, but as of January 1, 2017, BECU offers:
What Are Some Benefits of Financing a Vehicle With BECU?
- a 2.09% to 18% APR on New Auto Loans for vehicles 2015 and newer, and
- a 2.59% to 18% APR on Used Auto Loans for vehicles 2014 and older.
BECU offers competitive programs and outstanding customer initiatives to its auto loan clientele. You will not be disappointed with these excellent benefits:
Financing at Participating DealershipsLoan Payment ProtectionGuaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)Automatically earn a better rate
- Financing at Participating Dealerships: BECU makes it convenient for you to apply for one of their auto loans right at the dealership. Once you have selected your vehicle at a participating dealership, request to have your financing from BECU. The same great rates will apply.
- Loan Payment Protection: Trust BECU to protect your ability to keep your car in case you are injured or lose your job. Under this program, you may suspend your minimum monthly payments for considerable circumstances. Should you experience an extreme misfortune such as loss of life, BECU will cancel all or part of your remaining loan, allowing your family to keep driving during a difficult time.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP): GAP saves you from settling for the Blue Book value an auto insurer will only pay in case the car is totaled. You may instead recoup the full gap amount between your insurance payout and your outstanding loan payoff amount.
- Automatically earn a better rate: BECU is one of few auto lenders to periodically evaluate the credit rating of each member with a loan or personal line of credit to determine if improved creditworthiness qualifies for a new rate. If you are a member who has improved your credit score significantly since BECU first approved your auto loan, you may receive a nice surprise on your next statement: an updated lower APR.